We opened in January 1990. All staff are qualified or working towards a qualification, and the Deputy Manager has completed the Early Years Professional Status.. All staff undergo a continuous programme of training and evaluation, including Child Protection and First Aid.
There are two separate buildings housing those aged six months to two years (Baby Room), and two to five years (Pre-School). The Baby Room has a main playroom, cot room, and toilet/changing room. The Pre-School has two play/rest rooms with adjoining child-size toilet facilities.
There is a large enclosed garden, which was completely refurbished in 2010, and which includes a covered area so that outdoor play can continue in all weathers.
We are open 8 am to 6 pm Monday to Friday throughout the year, except for Bank Holidays. Please note that we close at 1.30 p.m. on Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. Any children who would normally attend one of the afternoon sessions on these days are welcome to attend the morning session instead.
* Please note that there are residents parking restrictions in place from 10 to 11 am and 3 to 4 pm. During these hours cars CANNOT be brought down the drive, to protect the safety of parents and children, therefore please try and find parking on the other side of Northfields, or in the "stop and shop" bays.
OUR MISSION STATEMENT: "LEARNING THROUGH PLAY"
- To value and celebrate children, their individuality, efforts and achievements
- To value and support the adults who live and work with children
- To ensure that all children feel included, secure and valued
- To teach children to respect each other, living things, and their environment
- To provide a well-planned and purposeful indoor and outdoor learning environment, accessible to all
- To allow children time to explore interests and ideas at their own pace
- To provide the right amount of adult intervention to engage children in the learning process
We provide a varied and well-planned day, based on the guidelines set out by the government in the Early Years Foundation Stage. We have simple themes and celebrate the major festivals of all countries and religions. These are just some of the activities on offer:-
sand/water; physical/adventure play; imaginative/role play; music, singing, action songs and rhymes; creative (painting, sticking, craft); storytelling and poems (we have a large range of story sacks and big books); cooking; playdough and natural modelling materials; outings to the park, library and shops; threading, sorting and nesting; construction sets; heuristic play (under two's); pre-writing and number opportunities; book corner; wide range of educational games; discovery play/early science; a variety of treasure baskets and sensory experiences for the babies.